- His Multifaceted Career: A music powerhouse, fashion icon, and entrepreneur rolled into one, Wiz makes a lot more than unforgettable tracks (though there are those, too). Look for his Taylor Gang Ent. label, as well as his partnership with RAW rolling paper.
- Trophies on His Mantle: Wiz won a BET Award for Best New Artist in 2011, a Billboard Music Award for Top New Artist in 2012, a trio of Teen Choice awards, and a Critics Choice Award. He was also nominated for a Golden Globe and a handful of Grammys.
- The Hits You Know: “Black and Yellow” and “No Sleep” from the his breakthrough Rolling Papers; “We Dem Boyz” from the Billboard-topping Blacc Hollywood; and Furious 7 soundtrack mega-hit “See You Again,” which became Spotify’s most-streamed track in a single day in the U.S.
- What’s on the Horizon: Wiz is gearing up to release Rolling Papers 2, the followup to 2016’s Khalifia.
- Who They Are: Mississippi brothers Swae Lee and Slim Jxmmi make up Rae Sremmurd, which is pronounced “ray-shrem-erd.”
- Their Breakthrough: The duo made an immediate splash with their platinum first album, SremmLife, which debuted at the top of the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Albums and Rap Albums charts behind the hits “No Flex Zone” and “No Type.”
- Their Continued Success: Their 2016 sophomore album, SremmLife 2, spawned the multi-platinum single “Black Beatles.” It also earned praise from The New York Times, who said, “…thanks to the more-meditative production, SremmLife 2 is at times a commentary on and an updating of decades of Southern club rap.”
- Their Latest Album: 2018’s SR3MM, which is a triple album that features a solo disc from each member, as well as a third disc with them performing together